*What I Did On My Summer Vacation
I know summer vacation isn't over yet, and I still have some big things coming up (Songs For a New Worldespecially), but the bulk of travelling for me is over. Last week my dad & I roadtripped to Yellowstone National Park. I was last there in 1994, and was glad for to experience it again.
I'll be posting some pictures on the website in the future (and also on Facebook) - I have limited computer access for the next 2 weeks, though, so I'm not sure how fast I'll be able to get things up. There were a lot of observations I made that I want to get written down, too, and hopefully I will soon ....
- June 30: Leave Lakewood, CO, & drive to Lander, WY. Camp one night in Sinks Canyon State Park.
- July 1: Drive to Yellowstone National Park, via Dubois & Grand Teton National Park. Set up camp in the Madison Campground.
- July 2: Drive/hike the South Loop of Yellowstone National Park, including the Midway Geyser Basin, Old Faithful, and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.
- July 3: Drive up the Gallatin Canyon to Big Sky, Montana, and Bozeman, MT. Spend some time in Madison Buffalo Jump & Missouri Headwaters State Parks. Drive back via the Madison River valley.
- July 4: Tour the North Loop of Yellowstone, including Mammoth Hot Springs, Norris Geyser Basin, and Tower Fall. Spend a little time in West Yellowstone, MT, before a storm blew in and ruined our fireworks plans.
- July 5: Drive east through Cody, over the Big Horn Mountains, set up camp in Sheridan, WY.
- July 6: Drive down I-90 & I-25 through Custer & Cheyenne, arrive back in Denver.
It was tiring - a lot of driving - but definitely worth it. We got away from some of society, and I was worried that taking a break right before a big performance would be bad, but it helped clear my mind was in retrospect was a good decision.
What did you do (or are doing) on your summer vacation?